A native Oregonian from Corvallis, Nathan was born into a three-generation military family and has lived in Oregon, Washington State, California, Michigan, Rhode Island, Maine, Georgia, Tennessee, and Italy.
Nathan is a veteran (former Naval Officer), an Eagle Scout, and Acupuncturist. He is proud to have served his country in the Navy and continues to serve the American people in healthcare.
Nathan holds a National Board-Certification in Integrative Medicine and Acupuncture (NCCAOM 154326), an Oregon Acupuncture license (AC 164157), and a California Acupuncture license ( AC 15688). He is also a practitioner of Chinese medical massage (TuiNa) and Ashtanga Yoga.
Nathan earned his Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland. He specialized in acupuncture treatments for addiction medicine, women’s health and clinical geriatrics.
Nathan earned his Masters of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego, California. His focus was on acupuncture treatments for sports medicine and chronic pain conditions.
Nathan earned his Bachelors of Arts in English Literature and Social Change with focus on prison education reforms from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
He is currently working towards a specialty masters in healthcare business statistics from Brigham Young University and Oregon Small Business Development Center.
Research interests include healthcare leadership, human microbiome, prion diseases, machine learning, neural networks and artificial intelligence.
Nathan served as a Naval Engineering Officer (prior to returning to graduate school) serving three duty stations: USS JOHN C. STENNIS CVN-74, USS CAMDEN AOE-2, and CNE-C6F Naples, Italy, in support of the Iraq, Afghanistan and Enduring/Iraqi Freedom operations.
When not busy treating patients, he loves to travel internationally to Turkey and Eastern Mediterranean countries, runs marathons (Big Sur International Marathon 4x Finisher), rock climbs, DJs for progressive and deep house music at home, practices Ashtanga Yoga, and can often be found enjoying a coffee at Perugino.
Nathan lived in Naples, Italy for two years and on Saturday nights, he can often be found sampling some of the fine Italian and Thai restaurants around Eugene and Portland.
Currently, Nathan lives in Eugene with his two dogs, Bella and Chiara.
Nathan’s clinical experience includes:
- Co-Owner of Anjuna Medicine. Treated over 2000 patient visits since 2013.
- One year specialty internship in Movement Therapy with Dr. James Fox PhD and Dr. Greg Moore, MD at the NeuroSpine Institute in Eugene, Oregon.
- Rady Children’s Hospital: Co-managed over 40 oncology cases (In/Out/ICU Patient Care) on an integrated medical team with MDs.
- UCSD Oncology Center, Encinitas: Helped optimize patient medical treatments via a multi-disciplinary approach, providing optimal physical, emotional, and spiritual guidance to challenge their illness.
- Integrated Pain Management: Received advanced training using integrative pain management techniques in a biomedical setting for over 250 patient visits.
- Orthopedic/Sports Injury Treatment: Received additional advanced Orthopedic & traumatology training with Drew Taylor, L.Ac., using Matt Callison’s AcuSport needling & ZhengGu Tuina protocols for orthopedic traumatology.
- International Sports Medicine Clinic: Conducted a one-month international climber’s injury-repair clinic in Geyikbayiri.