A native Oregonian from Corvallis, Nathan was born into a three-generation military family and has lived in Oregon, Washington State, California, Michigan, Rhode Island, Maine, Georgia, Tennessee, and Italy. He is a veteran (former Naval Officer), an Eagle Scout, Acupuncturist and Oregon MBA Candidate. He is proud to have served his country in the Navy and continues to serve the American people in healthcare.
Nathan holds a National Board-Certification in Integrative Medicine and Acupuncture (NCCAOM 154326), an Oregon Acupuncture license (AC 164157), and a California Acupuncture license ( AC 15688).
He earned his Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Oregon College of Oriental Medicine in Portland, his Masters of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego, California and his Bachelors of Arts in English Literature and Social Change with focus on prison education reforms from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
He is currently enrolled in the Oregon MBA program at Lundquist College of Business at the University of Oregon.
When not busy treating patients, Nathan serves on the Board of Directors for the Little French School in Eugene. He loves spending time with his family practicing the French language, going rock climbing, and playing Lego’s with his wife, Christina, and five-year-old son, Noah.
Additionally, Nathan has a deep passion for international travel. He lived in Naples, Italy for two years working for the US Navy and NATO, and on weekends, he and the family can often be found sampling some of the fine international restaurants around Eugene and Portland while dreaming of exotic travel vacations.
Nathan’s clinical experience includes:
- Co-Owner of Anjuna Medicine. Treated over 2000 patient visits since 2013.
- One year specialty internship in Movement Therapy with Dr. James Fox PhD and Dr. Greg Moore, MD at the NeuroSpine Institute in Eugene, Oregon.
- Rady Children’s Hospital: Co-managed over 40 oncology cases (In/Out/ICU Patient Care) on an integrated medical team with MDs.
- UCSD Oncology Center, Encinitas: Helped optimize patient medical treatments via a multi-disciplinary approach, providing optimal physical, emotional, and spiritual guidance to challenge their illness.
- Integrated Pain Management: Received advanced training using integrative pain management techniques in a biomedical setting for over 250 patient visits.
- Orthopedic/Sports Injury Treatment: Received additional advanced Orthopedic & traumatology training with Drew Taylor, L.Ac., using Matt Callison’s AcuSport needling & ZhengGu Tuina protocols for orthopedic traumatology.
- International Sports Medicine Clinic: Conducted a one-month international climber’s injury-repair clinic in Geyikbayiri.